"Spencer had a wonderful week and had so many positive comments about Air Camp. It was well organized and the counselors seemed to love their volunteer work and work very well with the kids. It's clear how much effort and time has gone into the planning and organization of this camp by the many volunteers, as well as the executive staff. We also enjoyed the opening and closing ceremony guest speakers, slide presentations and award ceremony for the kids!!!"
Welcome to Air Camp!
The birthplace of flight, the beginnings of a new adventure for you--it's Air Camp. If you're a middle school student, join us in Dayton, Ohio, for a week-long summer camp adventure in aviation and aeronautics. At Air Camp you'll experience rich and exciting aviation and educational opportunities like flying an airplane, a behind-the-scenes look at a national research laboratory, cockpit time in the giant C-17 Globemaster III. Home base for the week is Wright State University.
Mark these dates on your calendar for making Air Camp part of your summer in 2016.
- June 12-17, 2016
- June 19-24, 2016
- July 17-22, 2016
What we do at Air Camp is inspire students to new heights of scholarship, leadership and citizenship while they experience the thrill of flight and study the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) of aviation and aeronautics. It’s a week packed with fun, adventure, learning, and challenge.
Air Camp students work as a team and individually to:
- Take flight training and pilot a general aviation aircraft
- Learn about the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) that makes flight a reality
- Explore the National Museum of the United States Air Force
- Discover the operations of commercial aviation
- Experience a personal behind-the-scenes tour of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
- See the work of and meet the scientists at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Plan an air rescue mission
- Earn the Air Camp patch. Soar into the future!